Phil Rogers was born in South Wales in 1951. In 1977 he returned to Wales after four years teaching art and ceramics in England to open his own pottery at Rhayader.
The move to his current location, Cefn Faes Farm, came seven year later in 1984. He built a 65 cu ft oil-fired downdraft kiln for the reduction firing of stoneware, and a year later a 40 cu ft kiln for salt glazing.
Phil's specialities are salt glaze and reduced stoneware. He uses local minerals and wood ash for his glazes. He has travelled the world giving demonstrations, lectures and workshops, and is a popular author on ceramics. He has recently made appearances on Harlech Television.
His work has been exhibited at the Victoria and Albert Museum; the National Museum of Wales; Newport Museum; Buckinghamshire Museum; the City Museum, Stoke-on-Trent; the Princesshof Museum, Netherlands; and the Keramic Museum, Hohr Grentzhauzen, Germany. Phil is a fellow of the Craft Potters Association, and served four consecutive terms as chairman from 1991 to 1994.
|Further Reading:||Ash Glazes by Phil Rogers|
|Throwing Pots by Phil Rogers|