Selection of Brickhurst miniatures

Selection of Brickhurst miniatures

See also:

Selection of Brickhurst miniatures (mark)
This item is not for sale, but you will
find many that are in our  

Selection of Brickhurst miniatures - 1¼" (31 mm) high.

The height is for the tallest pot.

Brickhurst Pottery
 

Brickhurst Pottery was set up at Brickhurst, Sussex, in 1952 by Keith (b. 1918) and Fiona (b. 1921) Richardson, and could be thought of as a reincarnation of Dicker Pottery.

Keith was an ex-Dicker potter, and he carried some of the Dicker techniques over to Brickhurst as well as employing other potters who had worked at Dicker before its closure in 1957. Among them was Norman Bridges who went on to form Merlin Pottery. Fiona was also ex-Dicker, and it was she who had the onerous task of reinstating the Dicker when the Ministry of Defence relinquished the buildings after the Second World War.

The earthenware pots made at Brickhurst are of high quality and usually have the familiar black metallic glaze associated with the Dicker. Brickhurst Pottery closed in 1982 but Keith and Fiona still live at Brickhurst Farm.


 

Please support our sponsors and help offset the cost of maintaining this site by clicking on the banner links.

Leauger elephant