Langton Pottery

Sevenoaks Pottery was started in 1958 at Sevenoaks, Kent, by Gordon Plahn. A previous Sevenoaks Pottery had existed, but this was nothing to do with Gordon.

The pottery operated here for just two years, and then Gordon moved to nearby Tunbridge Wells and set up Langton Pottery. Langton Pottery ran until 1977.

The output of these potteries was studio-type stoneware in both oxidized and reduced firings. Pieces made at Sevenoaks had a mark showing seven oak trees and/or a GP monogram. Langton wares had just the monogram or the word 'Langton' impressed.


Leauger elephant