The Parkinson Pottery, or, more correctly, Richard Parkinson Ltd, was run by Richard and Susan Parkinson from 1952 to 1963 at Brabourne Lees near Ashford in Kent.
The company specialized in slip-cast figures and animals, and also domestic wares. Susan, who studied at the Royal College of Art, fashioned the models which usually featured black decoration on a white body.
After the closure of the company the moulds were bought by George Gray for Cinque Ports Pottery, but only certain items from the domestic range were re-used; it is believed that most of the moulds for the figures and animals were destroyed.
|Susan Parkinson and the Richard Parkinson Pottery by Carol Cashmore and Tim Smith-Vincent|
|The Potteries of Rye, 1793 onwards by Carol Cashmore|