Margery Clinton pot (mark)

Margery Clinton pot (mark)

See also:

Margery Clinton pot
This item is not for sale, but you will
find many that are in our  

Margery Clinton pot (mark) - 4" (101 mm) high. 31-May-1982.

Clinton, Margery
 

Margery Clinton, born 1931, was a specialist in reduction lustre glazes. She studied painting at the Glasgow School of Art from 1949 to 1953. Margery became involved with ceramics in the 1960s and researched reduction lustre glazes at the Royal College of Art in the early 1970s.

In 1978 she set up a workshop at Newton Port in Scotland and worked there in partnership with Jan Williamson until 1981. Margery continued there until 1995 when she moved the pottery to Dunbar.

Architectural commissions featured in her activities in the last years of her life, and her work with tiles was spectacular. She has been exhibited at the Tate, the V and A, Glasgow Art Gallery and the Royal Museum of Scotland.

Margery Clinton died in May 2005.


 

Please support our sponsors and help offset the cost of maintaining this site by clicking on the banner links.

Leauger elephant