Parkinsons large bird

Parkinsons large bird

See also:

Parkinsons large bird - 6⅝" (168 mm) high.

This was known in the pottery at the Coptic bird.

Parkinsons
 

The Parkinson Pottery, or, more correctly, Richard Parkinson Ltd, was run by Richard and Susan Parkinson from 1952 to 1963 at Brabourne Lees near Ashford in Kent.

The company specialized in slip-cast figures and animals, and also domestic wares. Susan, who studied at the Royal College of Art, fashioned the models which usually featured black decoration on a white body.

After the closure of the company the moulds were bought by George Gray for Cinque Ports Pottery, but only certain items from the domestic range were re-used; it is believed that most of the moulds for the figures and animals were destroyed.


Further Reading:
Susan Parkinson and the Richard Parkinson Pottery by Carol Cashmore and Tim Smith-Vincent
 
  The Potteries of Rye, 1793 onwards by Carol Cashmore


 

Leauger elephant